Who we are
NANCA - National Association of Nigerian Community Astria - is a non-profit organisation with diversity, free democratic and social group to represent the interests of its members, irrespective of gender, religion or language.
Like in every society, NANCA primary goal is to unite all Nigerians in Austria, promote better relations between Nigeria and Austria, promote Nigeria multi-cultural heritage in Austria and to assist in the integration of Nigerians in Austria.
Beloved Nigerians and Friends of Nigeria!
NANCA is happy to inform you of its partner Ethiopian Airlines for the 56th Nigerian Independence celebration, of marvellous reductions in the flight-tickets to and from numerous destinations in Nigeria.
Please avail yourself of these wonderful offers and enjoy the time-saving flights of the award winner of SKYTRAX 2016.
Fly Ethiopian Airlines. Your gateway to Africa!
Thank you, and have a safe flight to and from Africa!
Book Online: www.ethiopianairlines.com
c/o AVIAREPS Airline Management Service Ges.m.b.H.
Untere Donaustraße 11 / 3.OG
Phone: +43 (01) 5853630-24
Fax: +43 (01) 5853630-88
After hours: Call Center Addis Abeba - Toll Free +43 (01) 253022575
Die Fluggesellschaft wird in Österreich vertreten durch den General Sales Agent (GSA):
Aviareps Airline Management Service Ges.m.b.H.
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Wien; FN: 164754 k, Handelsgericht Wien, ATU44111108
Regional Offices and Ethnic Nationals
NANCA comprises of the following autonomous regional offices:
- NANCA Austria (HQ Vienna)
- NANCA Tirol
- NANCA Salzburg
- NANCA Linz
- NANCA Kärnten
The following ethnic national are affiliated to NANCA:
- Igbo Cultural Society
- Igbo Women Association
- Edo Community
- Edo Women Community
- Egbe Omo Oduduwa
- Egbe Omo Oduduwa Women
- Esan Community
- Ika Community
Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the association shall be as follows:
- To unite all Nigerians in Austria
- To promote better relations between Nigeria and Austria
- To promote better image of Nigeria in Austria
- To represent the interests of Nigerians in Austria
- To promote Nigeria multi-cultural heritage in Austria
- To assist in the integration of Nigerians in Austria
- To act as an umbrella organisation for all Nigerian social clubs in Austria
- To co-operate with other African Organisations in Austria in matters of mutual interest
- To assist members in cases of emergency
- To work together with the Nigerian Embassy and the Nigerian Government in matters concerning Nigerians and Nigeria
- To organise, on a regular basis, seminars, lectures, etc. on matters relating to Nigeria and Austria
- To elevate the standards, and assist in reducing the wants, of its members
The Federal Republic of Nigeria
Nigeria, officially named the Federal Republic of Nigeria, is a federal constitutional republic comprising thirty-six states and one Federal Capital Territory. The country is located in West Africa and shares land borders with the Republic of Benin in the west, Chad and Cameroon in the east, and Niger in the north. Its coast lies on the Gulf of Guinea, part of the Atlantic Ocean, in the south. The capital city is Abuja. The people of Nigeria have an extensive history, and archaeological evidence shows that human habitation of the area dates back to at least 9000 BC. The Benue-Cross River area is thought to be the original homeland of the Bantu migrants who spread across most of central and southern Africa in waves between the 1st millennium BC and the 2nd millennium AD.
Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa and the eighth most populous country in the world with a population of over 140 million. The country is listed among the "Next Eleven" economies, and is one of the fastest growing in the world with the IMF projecting growth of 9% in 2008 and 8.3% in 2009. Read more